What are my health insurance options if I'm unemployed?

If you are unemployed, you may qualify for Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program for your children, or for lower costs on private health plans. You can also consider what kind of continuation options you have might (like COBRA) or being added to your spouse/partner's job-based coverage (if he/she is already enrolled in the program).

Options depend on your household income and family size:

Your household income and your family size - not whether you are working or not - will determine what health insurance options you have and how much you will pay for coverage.

Starting in 2014, you might qualify for lower premiums and lower out-of-pocket costs for a plan through the exchange based on your income.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags